Saturday, April 10, 2010

Minor Update

Well some people keep asking what is going on with me. There isn't a ton to report. But enough to warrant an update I think. I've been on 500 mg of the Vancocin, a fairly rare dosage. My GI didn't even know he could dose that high, he'd never done it before. So it is apparant to me that I'm in a fairly rare situation. Things have been improving from being on the new dose...though it's certainly not finished the job!! I have a ways to go. I don't expect to be in surgery this next week as a result.

I will be on the meds for 6 weeks, tapering off. I don't need to wait the entire 6 weeks necessarily however. I could have surgery before time is up. It all depends on my progress. They will do another scope before surgery to make sure the C Diff is cleared up. If it has, they can proceed. If not, then more waiting. I don't have a timeline for surgery, it really is up in the air entirely.

I'm meeting with the surgeon on Tuesday however to discuss surgery options. In other words, what type of surgery I'm most likely going to have, risks, etc. So I'll update at that point.

I've had good days and bad days...good hours and bad hours. Good minutes and bad minutes. It's all part of the deal. I'm learning a lot though, and life has been put into a very new perspective. One I imagine only those that have gone through similar things have been able to obtain. It's what I do with that perspective I think that will make or break me. Anyway, If you have any specific questions let me know. Thanks everyone for the prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment