Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MRI results


From Travis:
Hope this doesn't sound too ominous or negative - I'm about to head to the doctors to discuss results. It feels like I'm going to a sentencing trial (not that I know how that feels) - but I kinda wish I was going to one instead.

From Stacy:
Well...MRI leans toward it just being inflammation. Dr. Hansen wants to see if we can do an MRI or CT guided biopsy with a needle. If they can't and recommend a surgery for biopsy Dr. Hansen does not recommend that because its invasive and a lot could go wrong, especially in an area that's been radiated. So if that's the only way to biopsy then he would like us to just wait and repeat scans in a few months. Trav will continue with Avastin half an hour every other week, unless insurance won't let him, then they will do a little 5fu and Fusilev which will make it a couple hours every other week. He recommends for a year, but we will continue to re-assess! Dr. Hansen was optimistic. Travis and I are both optimistic as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment