Friday, April 4, 2014

Rough day

Yesterday was exhausting! We waited over 3 hours before they took Travis back, had an awful nurse who just guessed on what we were doing, instead of reading the notes on the file saying Trav was to be sedated and was getting biopsies. She was a jerk to me, and Trav had to fight with her to get her to do exactly what she was supposed to. The procedure was an hour and a half, instead of the 15 to 30 minutes we were expecting. I walk into recovery and Trav groggily tells me he heard him say something about cancer. I tried to stay optimistic, but was devastated. They gave him anti-biotics...no one could tell us why and no one asked permission to do so, but it added an hour to us waiting in recovery. The Dr comes in and tells us it looked like cancer, the ulcer is huge and it's deep and looks like a cancerous mass, however, the early pathology report came back not cancerous which surprised him. 

I was asked this morning how I was doing and I started bawling...I got better...but it was an unnecessarily rough day yesterday! So...now we wait a week for results! On the positive side my husband is amazing and had me rolling in laughter yesterday! I adore him! My parents rock, balancing things yesterday, I seriously don't know how I would get through this without their constant perfect support! I can't wait for conference tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment